Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Memories

We had a wonderful Christmas.  I hope Ya’ll had a wonderful day also.

We enjoyed a nice quiet Christmas Eve just us, as a family.  It was really nice.

We were able to keep up with our traditions.

Cookie Baking

Stories and Songs

The Christmas Story

A few gifts to each other

and a special gift for Jesus.

traditions

A little closer look at the journaling for those of you who forgot your glasses.

Notes

This year our ornaments went as followed:

Tess: The most adorable owl to represent her first birthday.

Isaac: A key because he really holds the key to all our hearts.

Stella: A bird because I had to let her fly this year when she started Kindergarten.

Jex: A white snowflake to represent his baptism year.

This year, I decided to give one to Jonathan.  It said, “Joy to the World”, because he is has brought so much joy to my world.

We started a new tradition this year.  We have always done something similar but this year I think I finally got it right.

We talked about it being the Savior’s birthday and explained how we can’t give him new shoes for Christmas, but we could buy new shoes for someone who needs them.  We could also try to be better at obeying a commandment.  Then we thought long and hard.  We each wrote down something we wanted to work on this year on a 3x5 card.  We placed the card in the box and wrapped it all up.  We plan to open it next Christmas Eve and then do it all again.  Hopefully we will have made some improvement or progress with our goal.

Pajamas

Then it was time for PJ’s and Santa to start working his magic.

Snuggle

The kids left Santa cookies, and the reindeer carrots.  I think Santa was extra nice this year.

eve

When the kids woke up, they found an envelope tied to the tree from Santa.

They couldn’t wait to see what was inside.

santa gift

Santa is sending the Swenson’s on a little weekend getaway; to a hotel with a waterpark inside.

The kids, including mom and dad are pumped.

In keeping with tradition the kids received four presents each from mom and dad.

Something to wear

Something to wear

Something to read

something to read

Something you want

SOmething you want

and Something you need

something you need

Grandmas and Grandpas always throw a few gifts in there too, and we are so thankful for that.  It helps us feel a little more at home.  We miss them.  The kids even got a few gifts from a Adopted grandparents out here.  We truly are blessed.

By the end of it the kids make out with a haul.  Mom and dad are left with a mess; but lots of smiles on little ones faces.

I remember feeling the let down when I was a child when there was no more gifts under the tree; and then…

I remembered my Stocking.

Tess was pretty excited about her stocking too:

treats, bows and jewelry.

Tess and Stocking

What more could a girl want?

We hope your Christmas as just as Marvelous.

…a little eye candy for you.

2 scrapbook pages of our Christmas Eve.

Christmas Eve 2010 copy

Christmas Eve 2010 2 copy

 

11 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing the cute pictures of Christmas, we miss u and are glad that you had a nice christmas

Unknown said...

I was so inspired last year by your post about the 4 gifts you get your children, that we adopted that this year for our little one too.

Thanks for sharing your family w/ all of us here in blog land!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas Eve! I love all your traditions epically the 4 gift idea….that’s such a great idea! Love the idea of writing down a goal for the year as well. I just may do that with my fiancée on New Year’s Eve! We have a big year ahead as we walk down the aisle and begin our journey as husband and wife! Lots of goals to accomplish and work on in the New Year!

I’m sure I’ve said this before but your kiddos are just precious!
Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Kendra aka “Domestic Princess in Training”

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Swensons!! Are you guys going to the Great Wolf Lodge? We surprised the kids with that this year as well. We had a blast!! I also adopted the something you need, read, wear, want, and I threw in there something for fun.

Krysta said...

So cute!! It was fun reading about your Christmas and seeing your scrapbook pages DONE. AWESOME!!! :)

KW said...

Looks like you had an awesome Christmas. Seeing the picture of all of the kids made me sad though. They are so BIG. Tess isn't a baby anymore. She is a little girlie. Love the picture with her stocking treasures. Looks like it was a great year!

rebecca said...

beautiful photos Andrea! :) I am loving the tradition of a gift for Jesus! Wonderful idea! :) Wishing you and your family all the best in 2011! Rebecca

katie@tulsadetails said...

What wonderful traditions for your kids! Looks like you had a very special Christmas! Your family is so beautiful!

Becky said...

Looks like a bunch of fun and coziness! MAN I can't believe how big your kids are!!!! Say "Hi" to them all from us!

Stacy said...

I have a question for you?? is your blog template minima stretch? I love your Christmas pictures, your good as always!!

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog and the cute pictures. I can't wait to start the gift for Jesus next year with my little boy.

I know you have probably been asked this before but what Scrapbook software do you use?

Related Posts with Thumbnails