Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One last time..

Krysta called me earlier on in December and asked if we would like to make a trip to Houston for the New Year.  I knew that I wanted to.  I knew that this might be the last time we take the road trip from our house in Arkansas to theirs in Houston. We lucked out when Jonathan had a few days off.

I am hoping that they will still make one more road trip to our house this year before we move.  (wink wink, hint hint)

Krysta is worried that I am going to feel to stressed with putting our house up for sale.  She is worried that we won’t want to have six more people in our house.  I say, “there is not a better six people to have in my space.”

Here is a peak at what we did with one of our favorite families.

Edits11

The kids re-connected on so many levels, and just enjoyed being with each other.  I even heard them talking about how they are cousins, but not really cousins. 

In a way that have been like cousins to each other over the last four years.  The Moes family is the closest “family” we have.  We are both so lucky to have four children.  Two boys and two girls that enjoy being with each other.

Edits12

These two little ones are the ones we seem to talk about the most.  We find it so ironic that two best friends were lucky enough to have little girls born nine days apart.  I hope they decide to be best friends someday.  They are still working out the kinks in their relationship, but I think they are getting it.  They really enjoyed each other this time.

One of the other blessings we have is that our husbands enjoy each other.  It is so nice that they are good friends too.  They enjoyed a bowl game, a round of golf, and a couple of pretty hilarious movie nights with their wives.

New Years Eve-7

Krysta and I went out one night all on our own.  It was nice to just visit and have girl time.

New Years Eve My Camera-180

We celebrated New Years with a bang.  The daddy’s put on a spectacular fireworks show.

Edits10

Both the mommy’s had their camera’s.  I love that Krysta and I share the same passion in photography.  That way we capture twice the moments.  We captured lots of moments with Tess screaming.  Yes, she screamed the whole time.  She hates fireworks.

Edits9

This is the scene in the Living Room just before midnight.  I guess we all were a little wore out.

Edits13

The older kids wanted to stay up so bad.  I had my own head on that green polka-dot pillow just minutes before.  The adults did wake up in time to ring in the New Year and enjoy watching the fireworks while we laid out on the trampoline.  Such a nice evening.

We also enjoyed some yummy New Years food.  Krysta is a great cook. 

The trip was great.  A much needed break for me.  An opportunity to clear my thoughts, and jump start my system.

I came back all refreshed and ready to go.  (then I came down with a cold, but I think I will get back on my feet soon.)

The good news, I decided while I was away that it is time to bring back my Thursday post, “What I have learned.”

I already have some great thoughts to share with you. 

I hope your New Year is off to a great start.

Some of the photos were taken by Krysta.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Tessa, I love the pictures of her crying, so sad!

KW said...

Looks like you had a great time. Glad you have such great friends "close by" to share holidays with.

Colleen said...

Aww these are great! looks like you guys had such a great time on NE's Eve!

Eileen said...

Fun!

And where and when are you moving?!

Stella said...

I love looking at your pictures and i am so happy you had a wonderful time. The picture of the two little princesses is priceless. And you look great in the pictures!
Have a lovely day!

Krysta said...

Awwww...I really miss you guys. I am so glad that you came. We ALL needed to spend some time together. Well, you better plan on us coming your way one last time! I guess even if the timing might be bad we can't let that opportunity pass us by. I think we would regret it later.

Krysta said...

Awwww...I really miss you guys. I am so glad that you came. We ALL needed to spend some time together. Well, you better plan on us coming your way one last time! I guess even if the timing might be bad we can't let that opportunity pass us by. I think we would regret it later.

Related Posts with Thumbnails