Friday, October 30, 2015

Who you are.

I saw this quote today flash across the screen of the television while I running on the treadmill.

It said, What I wished I’d known:

 photo dreams_zpsozagngjw.jpg

…and I thought, “YES!! Yes!! Yes!!”

This is me.

When I was younger, I wished so badly that I would fit in.

Now, it’s my favorite thing about myself.  I love that I don’t fit in.

I pride myself on being different.

This is what I want my kids to know.  I want them to relish in being different.

 photo Family Pics 2015-7121_zpss8e04fsa.jpg

I don’t want them to worry about what people think.

I hope they will be true to who they are.

This picture says it all:

 photo Family Pics 2015-7564_zpsyjhmes33.jpg

We were having family pictures, and before you know it Tess breaks out in the Whip.

She just couldn’t help herself.  She had to be true to herself.

Then the other kids jumped right in too.

 photo Family Pics 2015-7578_zpsi3u1mrsl.jpg

Be yourself kiddos, because I love you just the way you are.

 photo Family Pics 2015-7580_zpskrgmclkq.jpg

(photos taken by Emily Chadwick)

2 comments:

Leslie Posey said...

That's awesome. .my kids break out the whip and na na quiet often..even emma! My oldest struggles with wanting to be accepted instead of just being herself. We have had a many of conversations on this topic. Unique is beautiful

Leslie Posey said...

That's awesome. .my kids break out the whip and na na quiet often..even emma! My oldest struggles with wanting to be accepted instead of just being herself. We have had a many of conversations on this topic. Unique is beautiful

Related Posts with Thumbnails